San Marino Film Festival
From 24th October until 1st november Valeur organizes the event:
San Marino International Film Festival
"Today more than ever it is necessary to give voice to the culture, to reconstruct a path where private and public can communicate, defile and take a journey together. Cinema, throughout the twentieth century has involved generations, shaped mode, provided visibility to the important issues and allowed people to enrich their experience. Today, under the new name of San Marino International Film Festival and a new artistic direction we want to continue to make a stable appointment and rituals recognized by the whole world of intellectuality. For this reason, we intend to focus a lot on new trends in cinema, the filmmakers and artists from around the world, offering them visibility and a significant audience that will appreciate their efforts and their creativity.
Good Movies to all and good vision to the San Marino International Film Festival 2014. "
President of San Marino International Film Festival
Twenty years after Giulietta Masini has passed away, the 3ed edition of San Marino Film Festival pays tribute to the actress that had worth Fellini the Oscar for the Film La Strada with a photographic exhibition titled “Giulietta Masini_ Fellini’s Oscar) celebrating her career.
The winners of the Festival and their recognitions:
- Best Film Award: LETTER TO THE KING di Hisham Zama;
- Best Actress Award: MARIAM BUTURISHVILI;
- Best Actor Award: JAVIER CAMARA;
- Best Director Award: GEORGE OVASHVILI per Corn Island;
- Tonino Guerra Award for Filmed Screenplay: VIVIR ES FACIL CON LOS OJOS CERRADOS;
- Tonino Guerra Award for screen play: IL FUTURO di Elia Gonella, Stefano Lazzati, Luca Vassalin;
- San Marino Award for Cinema: PAOLO COTTIGNOLA & DAVID WARREN e STEFANIA ROCCA;
- Single Drama Contest: COMPLICIT di Niall MacCormick;
- Official Contest: BANDE DE FILLES di Céline Sciamma.
For the Film School Contest the jury thanks Piergiorgio Gay for the wide range of high quality proposals and assigns two awards:
- VALEUR Award for Best Director: Hadas Ayalonper PARIS ON THE WATER (TAU: Tel Aviv University, Israel);
- VALEUR Award for Most Innovative Film: AN DER TUR di Miriam Bliese (DFFB: Deutsche Film und Fernsehakademie, Berlin).